The idea for the Write began amid the magical summer nights of Doe Bay Fest. Co-creators Jesse Michener and Jenn Furber’s partnership blends their ideas of place, process and craft with friendship, community and mutual respect, offering a workshop experience like no other. At Write, beginners and seasoned writers will trancend genre to get to the heart of storytelling. The workshop brings together accomplished leadership to inspire, guide and offer the tools to unlock the work you know is waiting.
Getting to Orcas Island may feel like you are travelling to the end of the earth. You may take a boat, plane, train and automobile to get here — and all in one day. The journey to the upper left corner of the USA is part of the experience, it’s true. Also: the weekend will be intense. It will challenge you. You won’t have heaps of time for independent project work. Our intimate setting and low participant-to-instructor ratio means you’ll have the tools to go home and do the work you need to do. Are you ready?
Welcome to Write. We can’t wait to meet you.
Meet the Write Staff
- Jennifer Beck Furber (co-producer | artist curator)
- Jesse Michener (co-producer | administration, marketing and photography)
- Kerry Andrews (writer services)
- Casey Sjogren (special projects, photography, video)
- Joe Brotherton (owner, Doe Bay Resort & Retreat and Write sponsor)
- The incredible staff and crew at Doe Bay Resort & Retreat and Doe Bay Cafe
- Caffe Vita Coffee Roasting Co.
- Bluewater Organic Distilling
- Paula West Pottery
- Westwind Aviation